For additional information and assistance in matters related to style and formatting for Military Community and Family Policy content, use the following resources:
- The Associated Press Stylebook provides guidelines on editorial style and publishing practices that this style guide does not cover. The MC&FP Style Guide supersedes the AP Stylebook when there are differences between the two.
- Webster’s New World College Dictionary addresses spelling, use and capitalization guidance that this guide does not define or address.
- The Supplement to The Associated Press Stylebook provides Office of the Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) writing guidelines.
- The Defense Technical Information Center Style Guide provides guidance for developers of Department of Defense policy documents including directives, instructions and manuals.
- MilLife Learning is a web-based training site that provides self-directed, user-focused courses on quality-of-life topics for military families and useful information for the service providers who support them. It's accessible 24/7, anywhere with an internet connection. Visit MilLife Learning to view the latest course offerings, including the MC&FP Style Guide training course